View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: I need your opinion - hip waders

Hi sarina,

Thanks for over looking me calling TIA. After I posted I figured out that your name is Sarina and you were thanking us ahead.

You seem set on getting the boot-foot type and I suggest you look at the Simms, Breathable Boot-foot wader. They are very well made and they use to have a terrific boot. I am not sure you can get them in a hard rubber bottom. I am not sure what boot they are using today. Cabels's has a good selection and you can learn a lot just studying their ads.

If the gift certificate is out then I would get hubby in the car and say we are going to buy you a Christmas present and take him to the shop. Don't discuss prices just let him pick out what he wants. This won't work if you just have to have his present under the tree. I will say again, buying waders for another person is very hard to do.

Sarina, let me tell you why it is hard to buy waders for another person. The foot has to be big enough for the socks that are worn but not too tight or the feet will get cold. The legs have to loose enough so you can raise your knee up to your waist with no binding. The body needs to be tight but not too tight to wear a sweater or jacket tucked into the wader. All of these things impact how a wader fits. Many people buy waders that are too tight and the buyer is never comfortable in the waders. Proper fit is very important.

Frank