View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 11:18 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How Many Fly Boxes Do You Carry In Your Vest/Pack?

Now just two - the new Cliff's Super Days Worth and the Orvis Dropper Rig Fly Box [pictures below]. This new Cliff's is a two-sided box, one side containing magnetic compartments (picture doesn't show recently-upgraded compartments) for midges & other small flies, and the other side securely attaching large streamers and regular-sized flies. Surprising how much this box holds for its relatively small size - easily enough for any of my days on the water.

The Orvis allows you to carry up to fifteen pre-rigged dropper rigs without getting them all tangled up, for easy change-out without the need for re-rigging while onstream. Really works well in conjunction with the Scientific Anglers L2L Reconnect line-to-leader system - better in my opinion than Scientific Anglers' own L2L Reconnect flyboxes.

Of course, because I never throw anything away, I probably have another dozen boxes offstream, which I justify to my wife as "for holding inventory". Whatever works . . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cliff Outdoors Super Days Worth fly box.jpg (69.2 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Orvis $24.50 Dropper Rig Fly Box (SI76KH).jpg (74.6 KB, 36 views)