View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 07:33 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waders.. Teach me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderson2228 View Post
They are really getting ready to out law felt? Why?
I believe Alaska and Vermont are going to outlaw felt on January 1, 2011. It is already banned for all of New Zealand. The issue is invasive species.

Unclean boots can transport New Zealand Mudsnail larvae and Didymo algae spores. Felt seems to hold muck better than any other material on a boot. New Zealand Mudsnail infestations eat up bugs that are food sources for fish. Didymo blooms can take away real estate where bugs like to grow and choke out all the phytoplankton that the bugs eat.

One of the small streams that I have been fishing lately has Didymo. I use a backup pair of boots for it. If I ever take those boots to another water, I give them a good cleaning with a diluted bleach solution.

MP

Last edited by MoscaPescador; 10-22-2010 at 10:11 PM. Reason: typo