View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 01:59 PM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need your opinion - hip waders

First off, for the record, Hodgemans makes a stockingfoot HIPPER for like $24.

I got to ask what the terrain is like in your area to fish. If there are bushes and branches, then I recommend going with the more layer (thus higher price)
Articulated knees and a gravel gaurd are nice features also. But as stated...let him try them on first, and specially if he goes with the stocking foot. A must to try the boots on with your waders regardless of what a sales clerk tells you. Some people have more slack in the bootie then others and that will take up space in shoes
I also agree that you do not need to spend $500. Cabela's, Patagonia, L.L. Bean are just a couple of names
I can't speak about other companies, but I will say Orvis Rubber booted (felt soled) that are in my opinion, very comfortable. There are some out there also with a lace up boot that would be very nice.
I would like the boot attached at times, specially when the shoe laces freeze up.