View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Teaching others ???

Hi to all,

I see nothing wrong with charging for lessons if you want to make it a business. I think to do it right you should get certified by FFF or some other organization. This will add some credibility to your lessons. Not that it will make you a better caster or teacher but it may provide more opportunity to give lessons. I would make up some business cards and spread them around to local fishing shops. Even a bass shop would be a potential customer.

Another approach is to provide a casting class with the local parks and recreation entity in your area. Charge a moderate fee to each participant. You might be able to provide lessons at the local Jr. college or regular college. All of these have a potential for making a little cash and helping other fly fishers. You can do the same thing with fly tying.

Frank