View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Felt or Rubber Sole Boots .. An Open Can of Worms

Gordon: "how do you find out which states have done so ?"
Good question, other than going on-line and looking at a particular state's fishing regulations, I don't know. I do know that Alaska has banned felt.

"Rubber sole .. well, okay ... unless I'm heading into SWIFT water........" swift water or water with large boulders with algae, you should be just fine with the new rubber soles. I had a pair of Simms felt boots for over twenty years. This past year I bought a pair of Simms G4 boots (kind of spendy) with the rubber soles. I'm not sure exactly what the reason is but with the new boots I can wade much more comfortably. In the past as I was moving around in the water I always felt off balance, and thought it was due to my age, now I feel much better. I really like they new rubber soles.

"Wading staff ... might be a good idea for me ......" I don't use a wadding staff unless I plan to wade in swift water, but it sure comes in handy in those situations where I'm wading in the swift stuff.
Hope that helps!

Larry