View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 04:56 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Felt or Rubber Sole Boots .. An Open Can of Worms

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon in nc View Post
Okay, being rather new to all this and still trying to sort out a lot of questions and or How To's

I'm sure I'm going to get a pair of waders soon and I think I'm sure I will go with the stocking feet type, etc etc etc.

Soooo, Boots and the "issues" relating to FELT or RUBBER sole then throw in cleats ...

Some states are thinking of or have banned FELT due to "Rock Snot" ( new one on me ) .. fine, how do you find out which states have done so ?
Google seems to think I'm talking of a sinus problem ...

Rubber sole .. well, okay ... unless I'm heading into SWIFT water ( which I doubt ) cleats are not really all that important to me .. I think

Wading staff ... might be a good idea for me .. Center of Gravity has shifted due to good food over the past 60+ years .. add Jack Daniels too !

All thoughts and suggestions welcome.

Tight lines to all ... pass the Jack at the end of the day ....

Gordon in NC
Snot Rock= didymo (Didymosphenia geminata) is another invasive species. Quite different from "snot rocks" (didymo is snot rock, moss covered rocks are snot rock"s")
If you're looking to get boots, get some good ones. I have the Simms Rivershed with removable cleats for snot rocks.. I like the rubber better, but some will never give up their felt until it's necessary.