View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Felt or Rubber Sole Boots .. An Open Can of Worms

Gordon,

I have to concur with Frank and others on this issue. I have used felt for a long time but in the mid 90s bought a pair of Orvis Henry's Fork boots with cleated rubber and they were the stuff! Since then I still have an old pair of felts but don't use them. The rubber works great and in the future rubber will be the norm. As for the staff, I've had one since the late 90s and find that when venturing into really nasty water the staff is the single most important item I am carrying. Being swept off your feet after a fit of slipping and sliding is not an age specific problem and getting cold and wet or worse yet drowning is no fun regardless of age. You can find some pretty affordable folding staffs these days and you may as well have one. You will not want it dangling beside you all the time and the belt holster will take care of that for you. When you need it the staff will be worth its weight in gold even at todays price of gold.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;