View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Where is your favorite place to fish?

Mine has to be the dream stream section of the South Platte in CO. I still remember my first time fishing there and how bizarre it was.

You drive up to the place and look around wondering where in the world the good fishing is in this big brown expanse of nothing. Then you get to the river and become dumbfounded by how incredibly perfect that trout water is. You've got gravel and sand and deep holes and undercut banks and that green moss that becomes the greenest possible color of green when the sun hits it. You can see big trout everywhere, and they are wiser in the ways of that river than you are.

Favorite spot in Texas is the Guadalupe just east of Waring, TX. The river is almost completely canopied by bald cypress trees on both sides and stays cool even in august. The trees are high enough to where casting is rarely a problem. There are a bunch of bass that hit flies even in fast water. This is just upstream from the Joshua Creek Ranch.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.