View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 09:56 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Underwater Cameras

[quote=Fly2Fish;17232]
Quote:
Well, yes, but that's a false comparison between the Olympus and the Pentax (among a pretty small universe of waterproof - not just water resistant)
The Pentax W30 is waterproof for up to 2 hours at 10' depth. That should be plenty for all but the hardiest or clumsiest fly fishers.

Quote:
As I mentioned, the Olympus rated in the Top Five Compact Cameras in at least one review I read, with "good" image production
Were all 5 camera's waterproof and was the waterproof Pentax in that test? Apples-for-apples means much more

Quote:
As someone who has more - and far more expensive - cameras than fly rods from my days as a professional photographer longer ago than I care to admit
What was your film camera brand of choice and did you use Olympus then too?

Quote:
I've learned over the years that the bigger the camera's "footprint", the less likely I am to carry it along if it's an adjunct to another activity like fly-fishing.
That's why it's so great both the Pentax and the late-comer to the waterproof/water resistant digital camera scene, Olympus, are so small. Both are really quite comparable to each other in side, especially when compared to dragging an SLR on the water.