View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 11:20 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Underwater Cameras

[QUOTE=Jackster;17238]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2Fish View Post
Quote:
The Pentax W30 is waterproof for up to 2 hours at 10' depth. That should be plenty for all but the hardiest or clumsiest fly fishers.
Absolutely right.

Quote:
Were all 5 camera's waterproof and was the waterproof Pentax in that test? Apples-for-apples means much more.
No, the only waterproof camera in that comparison was the Olympus. But all that tells you is that the Olympus rated well in the Compact Camera segment, even among non-waterproof cameras.

Quote:
What was your film camera brand of choice and did you use Olympus then too?
Nope - Nikon was my preference. Never used Olympus.

Quote:
That's why it's so great both the Pentax and the late-comer to the waterproof/water resistant digital camera scene, Olympus, are so small. Both are really quite comparable to each other in side, especially when compared to dragging an SLR on the water.
I couldn't agree more. It's a great time to be picking cameras in the tough world of waterproof/shockproof/etc.
Jackster, didn't mean to raise your hackles . . . just my opinion, FWIW.