View Single Post
Old 12-25-2007, 09:50 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Washington Fly Fishing

Hi Josh,

Welcome to the forum. You live in a great fly fishing area. Looking forward to your post.

This is such a broad question it is hard to answer. We need to know what area you live in, at least the county. Do you have a boat, waders, float tube and can you hike?

If you live on the West coast then most of the coastal rivers will have trout and maybe Steelhead. If you live close to the Oregon boarder then any of the rivers that empty into the Columbia will hold fish. If you can hike then pick a spot on the river that is away from the road. I highly recommend you get a guide book for Washington and Oregon if you are located where you can fish Oregon. When I lived in Washington I fished Oregon more than Washington. I also highly recommend you go to your local fly shop and get real friendly with the owner. The best way to do that is to buy some flies and other gear. Your local fly shop will be a great source about where to fish and what flies to use. The forum can help you with your equipment.

Your first job is not where to fish but what gear you need and how to cast. Fly casting is not hard but it takes some practice. So I would talk to my local fly shop and figure out what you will be fishing for and what equipment you need.

Frank