View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 01:29 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: how do you treat wild feathers?

Hi to all,

Thanks Larry for that link. A lot of good information.

You need to be careful storing in plastic bags. Some bugs will eat right through them. I store anything I am concern about in large mouth Mason Jars. The Mason Jar will also prevent any future invasion.

When in Alaska I stored some dried Partridge wings in my wood shed. It got down to -55F and when I went to get them in the spring there was nothing but a few feathers scatter about. The squirrels had used them for nesting material. The also unraveled a wool skull cap and used it in their nest. This has nothing to do with the post, just a little side story.

Frank