Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: New Member

Hello Tim,

Your home area used to be one of my short range road trips. I lived north of Williamsport PA. and had a friend who kept a 40' yacht at the Montour Falls marina. I was able to stay at Montour Falls and fish the creeks that flow into Seneca Lake and the other Finger Lakes from that base. Of course I used to make the trip across Rt. 13 to Cortland and then on up to the Salmon for some combat fishing every year too. There were some interesting opportunities in the area for great fishing.

That was quite a while back and some things may have changed but I'm sure some have stayed the same too. I miss that part of the country. This time of year when the wind comes strait out of the south I used to be able to catch lake Trout at the north end of Seneca Lake. Yep Laker's, the wind formed a regular 'food boom' on the surface. Everything from zooplankton, insects, up to various sizes of dead fish off the surface of the lake was driven by the wind & waves, as all the good stuff was driven toward the north shore so came the fish to feed on the cornucopia of goodies.................A rare chance to hook the big guys and most often that wind was also pushing rain.

That is one of the perks of belonging to a forum like this, as people make posts from different parts of the country your memory reels back to something you had put on a shelf and hadn't opened for years.

Welcome to the forum,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;