View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 11:59 AM

Shane Stroud is a jewel in the roughShane Stroud is a jewel in the roughShane Stroud is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Lower Illinois River (Gore, OK)

Thanks, guys. That's some great input.

Lake Pawhuska is about three hours from me. I'd probably have to plan a weekend trip to really make it worth the drive. I saw in the information on the lake that there are "primitive sites" for camping. Sounds like a great weekend getaway. I'm fortunate that my wife wouldn't sleep in a tent or pee in the woods for all the money in the world. I'll take a fishing buddy and make a boys' weekend of it.

I've read over all the regulations and I think the easiest thing to do is fish closer to the highway 64 bridge, below all the goofy zones. The fishing might not be as easy, or as good, but I seriously hate having to figure out if I'm near some kind of goofy marker, or on the wrong side of some imaginary line. I got pretty fed up with that kind of thing in Connecticut. Truth be told, I got fed up with being the only guy following the rules.