View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 02:23 PM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Big Flies and Sink Tips

Well the time of year has come that I want to try and start getting some flies down real deep like some big streamers with a sink tip. I have also encountered a problem casting.

I've got a 6 weight rod with a WF floating line, with a 5 foot orvis sink tip section attached to 1.5 foot of the butt part of the leader. The most recent fly I was trying to cast was a size 6 TA Bunker.

My rod is definitely a relativelly inexpensive one as it's a Dogwood canyon rod from bass pro, but I've had it for 10 years and it has been awesome all this time.

I also taught myself to fly cast and can really shoot a good bit of line, When I looked up how to double haul, I realized that that's what I had been doing since I started casting..

SO, what are some tips to help get big heavy flies out there farther than what i'm getting, which is abou 35 feet.