View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 01:06 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waders .. Wading Boots .. Size ??

Candidly, I always go at least 2 sizes above my street shoe size. Couple of reasons for same: Wading boots (Simms Freestones appear to be an exception to this) have a fairly narrow 'last' (spell that right???). and when you put on a heavy sock (or two) your feet get jammed in tight. A BAD PLAN A!

Secondly, the 'over-sized' boot gives you plenty of 'toe wiggle room,' a must if you want to keep your feet warm.

Thirdly, boots are the one thing I won't buy 'mail order' out of someone's catalog without trying same on (socks, waders and all) before buying. What it says 'on the box' as to size has little to do with 'reality' on your feet.

Fred