View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Share or keep secret

Hi to all,

I share flies and fishing spots.

I remember one time on a lake in the Talkeetna mountains. We came early morning and was leaving just before dark. The lake was remote and the only access was flying. We went to the inlet creek to fish a spot we knew about. Two guys were up in the creek fishing dry flies for Grayling. They had been dropped off and were staying at a cabin right on the bank. The creek had created a sand bar at the out flow and then it drooped off to about 15'. My two friends were spin fishing and I was fly fishing with a sink tip line with a weighted Burlap streamer. I would cast out and let it sink, sink, sink and then I would do a little lift and bang I had a big old Grayling. I did that about 5 times in a row and no one else had a bite. I caught the interest of the two fly fishers and they waded out to ask what fly I was using. They had only caught a few small Grayling. I showed them the fly and they were surprised that it was a big old streamer. They wanted to know what to try and I took a look at their flies. All they had was a bunch of dry flies and not much else. We were getting ready to leave so I sniped off my fly and gave it to one of them. He was real surprise that I gave him my secret fly. I would have gave them several but it was the last one I had with me. I don't know how they worked out who was going to use it.

Frank