View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 01:41 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: "Bounce" in my fly rod

Try studying everything you can from the casting area of the FFF website and putting it all to use with lots of practice then take the CCI exam when you feel comfortable with it. It didn't cost me a dime to study and practice for the exam. Though I never took a course on how to pass it I did take every advantage of learning everything I could about it from books, magazines, videos and picking the brains of some very good casters.

I can almost see Bruce's point too. What the sense of having an instructors license if there's doubt you can instruct?

As for charging for lessons, most times I don't such as when giving a lesson if they join our FFF club, if it's kids involved, an open house and things along those lines.
If I'm going too far out-of-pocket, like doing a two day class out of town on becoming certified instructor sure I'll charge. It's that or sleep in the dog house when I get home.