View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Touchy subject:Barbless or barbed

Hi to all,

I always pinch down the barb on my hooks. That includes the big Bass hooks I use. I learned a sad lesson while tying a saltwater Clouser. I was on one side of the table and by fishing partner was on the other side of the table. We were sharing materials and I reach over the upturned hook to pick up something on the table. I got the 1/0 hook buried in my forearm. I had not yet de-barbed the hook. It was in up to the bend. We had to push the hook the rest of the way through so we could cut off the point/barb. It was not a fun time.

Frank