View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 05:33 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default Re: Touchy subject:Barbless or barbed

i've accidently killed a few fish with barbed hooks when they swallowed um too deep and I tried to remove them . now I switched to pinched down hooks. never lost a fish yet cause of it that I know of and they seem to come right out when removing. plus it helps when you hook yourself also . but I have also read the same thing irish greg has said. guess it could happen. guess its up to you to choose.
frank thats a big hook!!! ouch hurts me just thinkin bout it!!! and I thought the size 10 bugger I had in my finger was bad! I will always debarb my hooks now that I read this. guess fly fishing is more dangerous than I thought! I also seen a picture where a guy caught a hook in the eye! yowzers!!! I always wear me some polarized glasses cause of it.

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.