View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Sealskinz Gloves - Are these the Cold Weather answer

Hi smudger,

I spent fifteen years hunting and fishing in Alaska. My favorite gloves for around the water was skin divers gloves. They definitely helped keep the hands warm in the rain or snow flurry when pulling anchors or driving the boat. They had one flaw and that was you couldn't take them off and put them back on. If you put them on with dry hands and never remove them they worked fine. If you pulled one off your hand would be sweaty and the cold temps would cool the moisture on your hands. When you put them back on you hand was immediately cold.

I use to hunt Kodiak and Afognek Island a lot with a zodiac boat. I would put on the skin divers glovers and never remove them as long as I was operating the boat and got to a dry spot camp. Then I would remove them and use other gloves to fish or hunt. The best gloves I found were the cheap cotton work gloves worn over wool liners. The work gloves came in a pack of twelve pair and when one got wet you pulled out another pair. This work great for around camp on cold and wet days.

Work Gloves
Click the image to open in full size.

Frank