Thread: Iowa Cicada
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Iowa Cicada

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_on View Post
Yeah, Ive fished the cicada "hatch" there. I came out to Iowa from Utah actually. Only on rare occasions do you get an epic hatch with huge numbers of bugs. I can't remember any huge hatches in the last 10 years. But don't get me wrong, those fish look up and key on Cicadas every year even if they are not around in huge numbers. On a similar note, in Utah there is also the Mormon cricket "hatch" that is elusive but supposedly can be amazing if you happen to find or run into it.

Anyone ever run into a lady bug hatch? One day at school here I saw tons of lady bugs everywhere. People were tracking them inside the building there were so many. I left and drove quickly down to a local pond and the fish didn't seem to be keying in on them. Any other terrestrial hatches that are interesting or unusual?
I ran into a lady bug hatch in a state park in central California one time. We were hiking along a trail next to a road and came upon a few trees that were literally covered in lady bugs, it was quite the site, but I have never seen one since.

Larry

Larry