Thread: Experiment.....
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Experiment.....

Been thinking for a while about going to the local indoor swimming pool and seeing if they would let me come in early/late to make some observations.

I would like to see what the fish see from their viewpoint, What certain patterns look like from below, emerger patterns sitting partially submerged in the film, maybe a bugger or streamer being retrieved.
Also wondered about using various sinking lines in the deep end, seeing how they sink, staying level or bellying out.
And how different flies and materials act with different retrieves.

I think this would also give me a better idea of the fishes "window", and how it narrows and widens as the fish ascends and descends.

I wonder if I even dare try it, not sure if Chlorene will have a negative effect on the lines, more than likely would.

Heck they probably won't even let me in to try it, liabilities and all, but I think I will try asking anyway.

Am I crazy or what?
The mind does strange things to you in the Winter when your bored. LOL

I have not yet seen the Underwater DVD's that alot of folks talk about, Do they also give you the type of views I mentioned?

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*