View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 09:52 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default looking for opinions: Wild Country 5-6 3wt

Wanting to see if any one has an opinion of this rod or even other rods made by Wild Water Fly fishing. The one I am VERY interested in is a 5'-6" ( YES!! ) 3wt. Its tiny, its light, and they are on sale. The streams with wild trout in MO are very tight, and by very tight you hardly will have ANY room for backcasts, so you would think high-sticking with a long rod would be best, but they will spook with rod shadows. So short is the name of the game. I have a 7' St Croix which i absolutly love, but its a 2 piece, so hiking with it is a pain in the butt. At 5'-6" 4 piece, the rod sections are 16.5" long, thats backpack fitting. Already have a reel and such to use, just want to know your opinions on a rod this short ( medium action ) or if anyone has experiance with the brand.

Storm Drain Bonefisher