View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Learning the spey cast on a Switch rod....

My first was a 13' 8 weight and you can cast with your back against the bush, literally no room behind you at all. When fishing small water where the long rod will not be a good choice I use one hand rods. Something you need to understand is that the "Spey cast" can be done with a one hand rod albeit much harder to do I have been using what is known as a snap T and a single or double spey for 25 years with one hand rods. I see spey casting as a highly developed roll cast. This may be oversimplifying the subject but if you understand the physics and mechanics of a good roll cast you will have no problem learning the two hand casts.

Do not cut yourself short when you buy a rod. The longer the rod the easier the cast and as I said when conditions demand a shorter rod you already own one, right?

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;