View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 02:28 PM

fishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of light
Default Barb wired fence running across Odell spring creek in Ennis Montana

is anyone familiar with this creek. I have been fishing it for the last 15 years and when I went there over the summer there was a new barb wired fence running across the water, the wires even run under the water so I couldn't duck them. I talked to the fish and game and they said that it was illegal to do that, because you can access the creek directly from the Madison River. The fish and game guy said he has told the man countless times and the guy just replies that he is paid by an out of towner to run the tourist ranch on the creek. Nothing happens

Long story short, what is a fisherman like myself suppose to do. Does anyone have any experience with dealing with anything like this? Fish and Game seems to be helpless to do anything. Is it legal for me to simply cut the wires down with cutters? Or is there an easier way to handle the situation.

I appreciate any suggestions.