Thread: Sharkskin
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 03:43 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sharkskin

I've cast this line many times on the lawn, on the snow and on the water. It's a very easy casting line. The WF 5, paired with a Sage Z-Axis 5 wt. 9 ft. rod, can really get you some quick distance on the water. The pick-up off the water is very easy, even at long line lengths. Roll casting, as another member stated, is easy and the tip seems, to me, to be almost bullet-proof; in terms of staying on the surface of the water. I do have to put a lot more drag on the reel when I'm casting out my line, because this line really wants to come off the reel in a hurry; resulting in loops and potential jams on the reel, if I'm not careful. Overall, I really like it.