View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 01:25 PM

fishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Barb wired fence running across Odell spring creek in Ennis Montana

haha, Dean I very much miss Rock Creek, def. one of my favorite rivers ever. I use to hike up that road in the winter and fish the spots that were clear of ice. Something special about being up there without a soul in sight.

I stopped hitting the parking lots around the Bitterroot after seeing the chaos first hand. I don't fish over there much anymore so I would be happy to PM you the spot where I use to go, you have to cross a couple ditches but it's well worth it.

The Madison is insane, the younger crowds use to float the Jefferson but they blew up the cliff everyone use to hang out at, so everyone migrated to the lower madi. I don't fish on warm days ever down there too insane, most of the time just fish the upper.

I appreciate the comments, I can't wait till odell thaws and I can go take advantage of my youth and my ability to stoop to levels that maturity probably wouldn't normally allow.

oh and powder has been epic, only thing keeping me away from fishing right now.