View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 01:33 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What am i doing wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjweller View Post
I also bought a whiskey flask and added it to my gear. It helps a lot!
AMEN, especially if you fish in January!
Amen to little brookies too, that's what it is all about. Caught 35 in a dusk hatch under the Yellowdog bridge (UP Michigan) in about an hour. Every cast had at least one rise. You will find a magical moment like this occasionally, and other time you will fish 3 days straight without a fish. Based on my skill level of about 3 years, I had no business catching 35 fish that night, but take what comes.

Sometimes you make your own luck while trout fishing, but if you spend enough time on the water you will be rewarded occasionally whether you have earned it or not.

Keep asking questions on this forum as well, there are people on here who have forgotten far more than I ever hope to know about it.