View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 01:59 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: At Fort LeonardWood

I lived in Springfield for five years and strangely enough, that is where I began fly fishing. Hoping to catch trout is a lofty ambition in Southwest MO. Your best bet is to drive a couple of hours to the White River in Arkansas. I spent two years trying to fish all of the so called "trout streams" in Missouri and was thoroughly dissappointed. They are just not native and do not naturally reproduce in any of the stocked streams. This may have been because I knew absolutely nothing about fly fishing or trout fishing at the time, or Missouri could actually be trout fishing hell.

That said, I have a book titled "Fly Fishing for Trout in Missouri by a guy named Chuck Tryon. Catalogues all of the stocked streams and tailwaters in MO and northern Arkansas. I paid $20 for it 5 years ago, and have not use for it now living in Ohio. If you would like to know more about the book and/or interested in buying it I'd sell it shipped and everything to you if send me a $10 check. Send me a message if you are interested, it would help if you really wanted to put yourself through the Trout Chase in Missouri.