View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 04:28 PM

Biggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Barb wired fence running across Odell spring creek in Ennis Montana

Dean-MT, I don't think the A means a thing on the plates, I changed my 6 plates out years ago and my TU plate starts with ACG and I have a Bozeangeles address.

Unfortunately the tubers probably can't be stopped but it would be nice to slow them down with some laws targeted towards them. First and foremost folks should be required to either have a fishing license or to purchase an access permit to use Montana Fish Wildlife and Parks access's as well as BLM land. This would provide the funding to hire more enforcement officers for the summer season to police the littering and recreation laws.

Most folks don't know that the FW&P's budget comes almost entirely from sportsmen through their license purchases and taxes collected through (Wallup-Breaux) which taxes fishing tackle, (Dingel-Johnson) which taxes boat motors and boats and (Pitman-Robertson) which tax ammunition and archery. Less than 3% of the budget comes from Statutory revenue that the legislator administers out of the general fund. The statutory revenue goes entirely to the Parks division who require you to pay fees for most State Parks. It's time other recreationist start paying their share, especially when their use is putting the strain on the resource.

Sorry for the rant but the tubers **** me off to no end.