View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 05:21 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rod Grip: Thumb or Index Finger?

Hi Ard,
Do I detect a bit of sarcasm? While I never focused too much on rod grip, reading Charles Ritz's book again (after over 30 years) got me thinking. He's very certain that he is correct when stating opinions, and while I enjoyed reading the book again, that can be a bit annoying. Anyway, as I said in an earlier post, Ritz was convinced that a thumb on top grip was the only proper way to cast. Joan Wulff is of the same mind, and I really would like to have seen her try to correct Lee Wulff...LOL!

Number of false casts: I don't ever shoot the entire line, so I wouldn't know. After watching my wife's excessive false casts, however, I've made keeping the number of false casts to an absolute minimum. It's made me a better caster (and possibly angler), but not a better person.