View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 08:14 PM

racine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: The Broken Rod Poll; Edited, New Catagory added.

My old Cortland downlocking rod did lose it's cap and I could not trust that the reel would fall off. Cortland made me an offer I couldn't refuse. My rod was close to 18 years old and they chose to replace it with a far nicer rod. My hat's off to this company. They went above and beyond. I frankly didn't expect them to do anything but epoxy a new cap.

Oh, I just remembered that I busted a ferrule on a Winston 4wt Ibex fighting a very nice rainbow. The connections tended to loosen and come off frequently which may have contributed to the break. Winston replaced it with a newer Vapor rod for free. So here you have two AMERICAN companies that have done the customer right. Kudos to both Cortland and Winston. When dealing with a company with offshore made products I'm not so sure your service or warranty will be quite as good but then again the $120 for the 2 Albright A5s-I should get what I paid for and I'm not expecting much...