View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 10:59 PM

BlueDun has a spectacular aura aboutBlueDun has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Sealskinz Gloves - Are these the Cold Weather answer?

Sealskinz are great - I use them for fly fishing and kayaking, but it might make a difference as to how you use them. If the temps are around freezing and I am wading or moving around, the Sealskinz work great.

If I am kayaking and the temps are below freezing (we can still kayak b/c the spring-fed rivers in our area do not freeze), my hands get cold - probably b/c they are in basically the same position on the paddle the whole time we are out. In that situation, I wear the Sealskinz, but also have pogies on the paddle shaft for an extra layer of protection/warmth. Unfortunately, pogies would interfere with using a fly rod.

You might not be getting other responses b/c someone else asked about gloves on another thread. If I can find it, I will post the link.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Ah, I found the previous threads - and they were from you! You are probably not getting responses here b/c you posted the same question on two other forums on this web site. If you click on "New Posts" at the top of this page, you will see all new posts for all of the forum areas. I suspect that most people read this web site by clicking on "new posts," so are only likely to respond to the same question one time.