View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 01:29 PM

bjweller has a spectacular aura aboutbjweller has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Montana... what about the rest of the state?

Get a hold of the book, Montana's Best Fishing Waters. It is a part of a series, they make them for many states. I bought it at Bass Pro Shops last year for around $30. It is dead on accurate. It shows public access points, parking, and includeds the GPS coordinates with them. The maps are also annotated to tell you what kind of fish are in which spots during which seasons. I went to Montana last summer for the 2nd time, but this time with the book. It was incredibly accurate and helpful. Because of that book, I fished rivers like the Ruby that I never would have tried and had great success. Can't recommend it enough (and I have nothing to do with the book, there is no money in it for me).

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Alex,

Sorry about the two posts but I just saw your response to Larry about Colorado, which is where I live and fish. If you decide on Colorado, send me a private message on this forum. You can fish year round here with all the tailwaters we have. The only time that can be sketch is June because runoff is massive and there are only a few limited places that aren't affected.

Bret