View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What am i doing wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by pie314 View Post
Just had my first fly tying class last night. I know have a new addiction. Its just a streamer class, and i learned how to tie a wolly bugger. I know its one of the easier flies to tie but its still really fun. I cant wait to tie more and learn different styles of tying. I am renting a cheap griffin vise for the class but now need to get my own vise. I really like the regel pedastal vise, my instructor also said that the renzetti rotary vises are nice too. What are you guyses thoughts on vises???
Good to hear you are taking a fly tying class and yes it is very addictive, but a lot of fun. Nothing wrong with a wooly bugger, they will catch lots of trout.
You can't go wrong with a Renzetti, Regal, Peak or any of the other vises in that price range. Just pick one you like, in your price range and go for it. Make sure it has nice solid steel jaws and a fine adjustment mechanism for different size hooks and you should be fine. Rotary is a nice feature, but not necessary. Think about joining our future fly swaps, you don't have to be an expert tier, just a sense of adventure and the willingness to learn.

Larry