Thread: Big vs Small
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 09:33 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big vs Small

I always like to get a big one, but can be quite content catching a bunch of little/average fish as well. There was at least one exception, however. I was standing next to some fishing buddies (Powerbait guys ), gabbing away for about 3 hours. It was April 7, 2009, and the local lake had been stocked with
thousands of trout. They were catching trout left and right, and finally asked if I was going to fish that day. I had a #10 wooley bugger on my 5wt, and made two or three casts before hooking this 25" LMB:
Click the image to open in full size.

I didn't see the point in fishing for stocked trout after catching that bass, so I left! It was in the lower 40's that day, and you can see how red my hands are. I've had other days when catching a large fish took the luster off of the little fish, so I guess it's best to save the biggest for last.....