Thread: Big vs Small
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Big vs Small

This sounds vaguely familliar.......................... Most answers to this quandary in the past leaned toward the qualitative side of life. I have went fishing and found no fish but stumbled into a huge bog filled with Pink Ladies Slipper wild Orchids. Conversely I had a run of days in 2005 that left me with an aching right elbow, forearm and wrist because of the number of salmon I was hooking, fighting, and landing during this run. I remember both instances with great clarity and wouldn't be able to rate one over the other.

I guess I get some kind of an other worldly buzz going on when I slip into the outdoors and I always have. It's been this way since I was a little kid mesmerized while watching a spider weave its web or the way a bumble bee became loaded to the max with pollen as it made its rounds in our gardens. This business of fishing is a personal thing for many people who find themselves caught up in it. You can seek refuge in it or look for some source of enlightenment that is lacking in other of life's pursuits. It can be a source of lifelong education or it can be a quest for some level of personal best, the possibilities are almost endless. I have known men who took up sketching and then painting because of their love of fishing while others went on the pro bass circuit.

It's really something, just be glad you are doing it and that it is helping you to grow in ways that otherwise may not have occurred.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;