Thread: Big vs Small
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 08:32 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big vs Small

The brook across the way from my house has a good population of native brookies. Most are smaller than 6" and a fully mature fish is around 9". I don't go bother them often, but they're fun to play with sometimes.

Pan fish are a regular sport with me and I regularly harvest them to eat.
The bigger ones are easier to clean than little ones, but it's the smaller ones that need to be culled out to improve the population. I don't keep bass, so if I'm out to fill the stringer, I'm after a "mess" of small ones

Striper fishing is often "Big vs Small". The different year class fish just don't hang with each other. Some people (newbies) are just interested in catching fish, but if all you're picking up are dink 14 inchers it's not going to get any better and you need to move. Even if you're catching one after another.
After all, there are "more fish in the sea"