View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 01:43 PM

fishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How many of you tie flies?

Do what I do, become extremely addicted to fishing streamers, design your own, and rock that one bugger all year.

If you only need the simple few materials you can just buy them in bulk and tie when you need to. Remember that glue can be your friend, and your foe.

I recommend buying hooks that are de-barbed. Barbed fishing is a joke (in my opinion)

Kgl. I just don't get the kick of observing hatches and trying to match them. I think it's an old school thing. I catch so many fish no matter what the hatches are doing that it just doesn't matter to me. I can appreciate the art and experience of hatch matching, it just doesn't excite me.

My full circle of fly fishing consists of picking up trash out of the river, reciting a poem to every trout I catch, then releasing them back happier then they were before I caught them.