View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 10:37 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are you using to insulate your hands from the cold?

I worked every winter for more than a decade on the ice of Lake of the Woods, for fisheries on a snowmobile. It is nothing to see 20 below zero here. I have been out many times at 30 below. The best thing I ever found was a real thin set of silver woven mylar gloves. I wore them under my regular gloves. If your hands were warm when you put them on, they stayed warm. I finally wore out the last pair I had. I have not seen them around in a few years, but if you can find them they are the best things around. Get a fairly tight fitting pair and wear them under whatever you normally wear. They really work. If you can find them let me know where. I have Ice Armor gloves now and they do a pretty good job. The best outer gloves ever were a leather pair of Polaris snowmobile gloves. Spendy but they worked really well. I don't think you can get those anymore either.