View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 12:10 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of
Default Re: Having some trouble

For stone fly cases, whether using turkey or pheasant, I clip off a section from the quill and coat the whole section both sides with Sally Hanson hard as nails. Set it asside and allow to dry. I tie the case in using the whole section, set to length, tie in and then trim off the remaining section. I then take the remaining piece, cut my V in the end and tie in the next, clip of extra, cut v and continue. I cut off the extra using an Xacto knife as well as cutting the V using the xacto. I find it easier to use the larger section to possition the wing case. SHHAN keeps it all together and also protects it later for fishing and it lasts longer. I'll usually trim each (all three) wing cases on a single fly right behind the bead...using the bead to help with the cutting. you just gotta roll the xacto around the fly and casing material a couple times to ensure a clean cut.