Thread: Fly tying tools
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 02:41 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fly tying tools

Hmmmm.....Dr. Slick scissor prices have gone up quite a bit since I bought my last pair, but they last forever. I should have mentioned that all of my bobbin holders are Griffin except for one Dr. Slick holder. The Dr. Slick holder desn't accept a threader as well as the Griffin holders, but maybe mine is an exception: the threader gets hung up on the ceramic edge, but that's never happened with a Griffin. Speaking of bobbin threaders, some famous tyer said he uses dental floss threaders for his bobbin holders, so I bought a pack. They work great, and I've been using the same one for well over a year.

J. Stockard or Cabelas would seem to be a good starting point for tool prices. I don't know if anyone is going to discount the good stuff too much, so the local shop might be worth a try. Cabelas shipping charges make me a bit crazy: the more you spend, the more they charge! Since Leland Outfitters advertises here, give them a shot as well. They seem to have about everything. Actually, Leland has a "Beat It by 10%" guarantee.

P.S. Leland ships for FREE!!!!