View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: sage vt2 vs st croix legend ultra(8wt)

Hi MTskibum,

If you can buy an Ultra for $200 that seems like a good deal to me and I would jump on it. If you have not casted an 8wt before you will probably like the Pro better than the Ultra. The Pro is a slow action rod and most beginners like it. It is not a pretty rod but very functional. I think it is a better rod in a 5wt. If you are interest in just distance then the TiCr will out cast the Ultra and Pro but you may not like the stiffness. All things considered, I think you will be more satisfied with the Ultra, especially for $200.

Frank