View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 10:19 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Furled Leaders ... ?

Hi all.

This isn't exactly regarding fly lines, but sort of. I ran across a little article back in the summer about furled leaders. I remembered using the Orvis braided leader, I believe they called them, back years ago when I was just starting out and trying different things (being sold different things!). At some point many years ago I guess I quit buying them, but in my memory I liked the way they casted. Now this could easily be because I couldn't cast and didn't know the difference.

But this article about furled leaders intrigued me, partly for the claims made of superior turn over, shock absorption and strength and partly because I love making useful things to fish with.

So, who out there fishes with/has fished with furled leaders? Tell me about it, please. And secondly, if you make them, can you steer me toward some good instruction? I saw a website with instruction for a jig with multiple posts and hooks, a bobin, etc...right up my alley!

Thoughts, experience and comments are appreciated!