View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 01:34 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: saltwater reel drag question

If you are up for a bidding war, there is a gold Tibor Gulfstream (11-13) on eBay. The current bid is $108 with 6 days left.

If you are up for another bidding war, there is an Abel Big Game 3 on eBay. Starting bid is $199, but there are no bids on it with 6 days left.

As much as I like Galvans, I am not sold on the plastic pawl that determines retrieve direction and the skinny spring clip that holds it in place. It may be fine with the lighter trout reels, but it concerns me for big game.

I noticed that you put feelers out for an Abel or a Lamson. Trust me. You don't want a Lamson for a saltwater big game reel. It won't take the abuse.

MP

Edit: If you have your heart set on Galvan, you may want to consider a Rush 10. It is the same reel as the Torque, but it has less porting and costs less.

Last edited by MoscaPescador; 12-16-2010 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Added something.