View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 10:17 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Furled Leaders ... ?

I second the recommendation of Joni and her products. Contact her and give them a try and you won't be sorry.

Now, for me, I discovered a concept called "Twisted Leaders" a few years ago in a magazine article before discovering furled leaders. There is a difference between the two and I prefer the twisted type because they have many of the features of furled, yet they are very uncomplicated to make and can be constructed without jigs or such - just a length of leader material and your own two hands. I make all of my own and love them. They turn over like a dream and give that little extra when it comes to shock absorption when hooking and fighting fish. I don't use any thing else in any of my fishing settings, whether dry-fly, nymphing, or streamers. I even used them when I went to Alaska for Silvers a few years ago. Anyway, just my two-cents.

Here is a link to my slide show on how to "twist" your own:
" title="Twisted Leaders slideshow by kglissmeyer - Photobucket" target="_blank">Twisted Leaders slideshow by kglissmeyer - Photobucket
bw
Good luck in your quest. There are a lot of options out there that will fill the bill.

Kelly.