View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 03:59 PM

Biggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Float tubing the Bighorn

It has been done but I would highly recommend not doing it. First and foremost because even though the Bighorn is fairly mild it does have some dangers that could kill you in a float tube. I watched in horror as a guy in a pontoon boat almost met the grim reaper this last spring. Secondly the water in the Bighorn is very cold and I don't care what wading gear you have you will get cold. Thirdly you better be ready for a fist fight if you can't control the tube and stay out of other folks way. It is a busy river and there will be guys who will take exception to you floating in a float tube, especially if you float over the hole they are wade fishing in. If you are dead set on using the tube I would recommend that you just use it to ferry yourself across the river at the Three mile access. There is a ton of great wade fishing below the access and you could use the tube to get from one side to the other.