View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 04:27 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Furled Leaders ... ?

Joni, thanks for the info, I am sold on giving these at least a try. Let me ask a couple more questions:

How are your leaders sized? I mean are they classified like a standard tapered mono leader, i.e. 2x, 3x, 4x...7x - or do you match up to your line weight and go with different lengths i.e. a 5' for 1x-4x and a 6' for 5x-7x? I noticed in the picture on you website store that the packages have a length and line weight.

I also really like the idea of having a leader that will sink, when you want it to! and not when you don't! Is it simply a material difference?

How long will a typical floating leader last, ballpark? At some point they must get to dirty to keep floating, right?

Thanks for all the info. I'll probably make an order soon. But then I know I am going to try to make some for myself this winter.